RE: Formalising the release naming process [Was: GNOME Development Release 2.5.3]

On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 12:51, Dan Joseph wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 	Don't forget Sun either.  Java Desktop is Linux w/Gnome as their GUI.

I don't think that Jeff, of all people, is underestimating the impact of
GNOME. Many of us here (including Jeff, perhaps moreso than any of us)
have quite literally dedicated the last several years of our lives to
making this work, and we're well aware of the successes we've had and
are continuing to have.

Those who have invested their time and money (definitely including IBM
and Sun) are well aware that they are interacting with a community here,
and a community which has a personality and a sense of humor. It would
be sad if we sold that out just because we stupidly think that IBM is
going to walk away from linux because Jeff said 'testicles.'

Luis