Re: Please, include Gnome System Tools in Gnome 2.6 (+suggestion for preferences)

On Wed, 2004-02-11 at 14:00, Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-02-09 at 20:53, Sean Middleditch wrote:

> > > That is a lit of distributions which gst supports, not a list of
> > > distributions that are using it. There is a big difference.
>
> Personally, I'd  be far more interested in whether distros would _never_
> use g-s-t, or if any distros feel that g-s-t could never meet their
> needs. We didn't embrace epiphany and gnome-meeting because distros were
> using them already.

<snip>

> What does debian use for things like Users and Network settings in the
> GUI? I thought that the debian-gnome team were at least planning to use
> g-s-t.

g-s-t is an option under Debian but not installed with Gnome as far as I
can tell.  I don't think Debian has any other ways to do these things in
the GUI.  From what I understand of the plans of the Debian Desktop sub
project is that g-s-t was something they wanted to use but WebMin would
be the default configuration tool.  I haven't heard much about it lately
so my understanding might be a bit out of date.

<snip>

--
J5