RE: Formalising the release naming process [Was: GNOME Development Release 2.5.3]

On Wed, 2004-02-11 at 15:33, Bryan Clark wrote:

> > I'm *totally* with Jeff on this one. Given the amount of immaturity I've
> > seen on this list, most notably by the original complainant, I think
> > there should be no more "fun" release names. Its the only way to make
> > EVERYONE happy, and avoid this recent gong-show.
>
> I find it immature to insult people who voice their opinion and I'd
> appreciate it if you kept your comments related to constructive
> criticism which could help remedy the current situation.

Yes. Unfortunately the testicles in question are making their way to
some of the Gnome web pages (and its highly visible to anything that
links to Gnome developer news/Gnome summary like Gnome Footnotes).

Could those in charge at least edit out the "testicles" on those pages
as I dont see why it should be advertised "as is" any longer than
necessary.

Perhaps change it to : GNOME Development Release 2.5.3: "That and a pair
of spectacles"

We could always claim the original was just a typo then...

jamie.