Re: Formalising the release naming process [Was: GNOME Development Release 2.5.3]

On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 02:47, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> > I can't believe you don't have an editor who proof reads everything prior
> > to being submitted to the Gnome Announcement list or any other media
> > designed for wider public consumption. If you did, things like this would
> > not or should not happen - letting any johnny post whatever he likes there
> > is asking for trouble.
>
> gnome-announce-list is moderated. The release coordinator is the editor who
> writes and proof-reads the GNOME D&DP announcements. He is not "any johnny"
> who thinks he can post anything he bloody-well wants.

Okay thats alright. I do apologise if it is moderated as you say. I am
not flaming anybody -  it just seems surprising that it got through
without being blocked. Hopefully whoever is in charge will learn form
the mistake and that should put an end to this matter.

jamie.