Re: Formalising the release naming process [Was: GNOME Development Release 2.5.3]

It's a shame how the fun has to be sucked out of absolutely everything
by crap like this.  This is not a flame against Jeff -- I recognize that
his stance is one born of diplomacy and that he is merely recognizing
the situation as it stands.  This is rather a condemnation of the
societal situation that results in everything but the most banal being
interpreted as "offensive" or otherwise \w*-ist.  It's a tyranny of the
overly sensitive and humorless.

It's interesting though that in this case there seems to be no one who
was actually offended, but rather all this resulted merely from the
thought that there theoretically _might_ be someone offended.

As this process continues, GNOME will lose its character and its
identity as a project.  Somewhere, the line will need to be drawn.

-Rob