Re: Preferences in Yelp?!

Hi,

On Tue, 2004-12-07 at 21:19 +0100, Reinout van Schouwen wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Dec 2004, Enver ALTIN wrote:
>
> > Very good point, but the dialog already has 4 font preferences now.
> > Maybe we could drop Desktop and Window Title font prefs from the dialog
> > and add a Document font preference, but keep GConf keys of these for
> > geeks to play with?
>
> Why not take some inspiration from the menus and toolbars capplet, but
> with a twist: have a preview area with one or more dummy windows
> containing all types of fonts we want to be able to set. That way the
> user can click on the type of font she wants to adjust, and we don't
> have to worry about thinking up understandable names for font types or
> about a too cluttered interface.

Absolutely, this would work. Although I like the "less things for users
to play and break" would probably help in overall desktop usability, if
we end up with keeping all these options, I'm all for this.
--
Enver ALTIN                   |        http://skyblue.gen.tr/
Software developer @ Parkyeri |      http://www.parkyeri.com/