GNOME canvas patch

Hi there,

  I just want to know whether it's okay to commit this patch to the
libgnomecanvas module:
http://www.blaubeermuffin.de/stuff/gnomecanvas-adjustment-checks.patch

I know, "the canvas is not actively supported, etc.". So I just ask to
check in this patch which happens to solve accessing the gnome canvas in
this case:

I derive from GnomeCanvas and access the GnomeCanvas at GInstanceInit
time. The [hv]adjustments seem to be set at init-time (which is later),
so the canvas code tries to dereference nullpointers which I prevent by
adding these checks. The patch doesn't affect the way the code works, it
just makes it a bit more tolerant against early access.

Regards,
  Sven

PS: I write this here because the module is unmaintained and I want to
know some people behind me if I contribute bigger patches than [1].
[1]http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/libgnomecanvas/libgnomecanvas/gnome-canvas-util.h?r1=1.15&r2=1.16