Font capplet (was: Re: Preferences in Yelp?!)

På Sat, Dec 04, 2004 at 08:37:14PM +0200, Enver ALTIN skrev:
> On Sat, 2004-12-04 at 19:33 +0100, Paolo Borelli wrote:
> > What about having the desktop font preference available in the Desktop
> > Background dialog you get by right clicking on the desktop?
> No, I don't really think so. It's so confusing. I'd expect to find any
> font-related configuration on the font settings capplet.

My thoughts on this:

- Put all font-related configuration options in the font capplet. Include
  "use default" checkboxes for "Window Title" and "Desktop Icons" fonts.
  "Use default" means that they inherit the "Application Font" setting.

- Enhance the "Desktop Background" applet to include a button to
  gnome-font-properties, just like the "Keyboard Preferences" capplet does
  (by providing an "Accessibility" button). Remove the "Use default
  background" option from the context menu for the desktop and include it as
  a button in the "Desktop Background" applet.

This way we don't lose any functionality and add more configurability in a
consistent way.

  mvrgr, Wouter

--
:wq                                                       mail uws xs4all nl

he had a lot to say :: he had a lot o'nothing to say                 -- tool