Re: Proposal: gnome-user-share

On Thu, 2004-12-02 at 18:45 -0500, Bryan Clark wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 15:37 -0500, John Luke wrote:
> > I'm not sure a 'Personal Desktop', as Fedora calls it, would or should
> > have Apache installed.  Assuming that is still the broad user target.
>
> Why?  It's not like it's being started from the init scripts as a
> service.
>
> When setup like it is, it's not actually a space hog for RAM.
>
> As for disk size, 907K is the total RPM size from what I can see.  And
> then uncompressed it looks like 4.7M.
>
> What is the problem with it?

There is no 'problem with it'.  The on disk size would not be my concern
at all.  Just seems like the other libraries that desktop components
depend on would make more sense.  I also can't remember if all distros
disable apache by default, etc. when installed.  Just seemed like it was
assumed to be there without questioning if most distros include it in
their non-technical user installs. Probably out-of-scope for this
thread, so nevermind.