Re: Proposal: gnome-user-share

On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 15:28 +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Rodney Dawes">
>
> > Building Apache and mod_dav is not exactly a trivial task (unless that's
> > also changed recently).  Feel free to go and add the two modules and all
> > their dependencies to jhbuild though, so people can properly test
> > gnome-user-share for inclusion in 2.10.
>
> Every distro ships Apache. There is absolutely no reason for it to be added
> to jhbuild.

And they all have different sets of patches, and are installed with
different configurations. Does everyone ship apache with mod_dav
installed and enabled by default? Every distro ships mozilla too. Yet we
still shove it in jhbuild, and cause problems there, because all those
distros that ship it, have their install scripts properly install the
NSS development files, while jhbuild doesn't, unless this has been fixed
pretty recently, so we end up having build issues with things that use
NSS by default, also.

-- dobey