Re: Proposal: gnome-user-share

<quote who="Rodney Dawes">

> Does gnome-user-share do everything over https and take advantage of all
> that extra robustness that you keep going on about? As Sean stated, to do
> so, you would have to go edit a bunch of text files and run command line
> utilties to set up all the htpasswd stuff, and aliases to point to other
> directories than ~/Public.

Perhaps you should try g-u-s. It already handles htpasswd stuff, and having
an https option would not be a huge chunk of work.

> And also, please point me to all the security holes in libsoup and
> epittance, if you are going to market "secure web server" for the
> inclusion of g-u-s.

I don't think it's a ridiculous idea to trust Apache more than libsoup in
this case.

- Jeff

--
Ubuntu in Mataró, Spain: December 5th-18th      http://www.ubuntulinux.org/

   "I look forward to someday putting foo-colored ribbons on my homepage
   declaring 'port 25 is for spam', and 'just say no to the Spam Message
                   Transmission Protocol!'" - Raph Levien