Re: Proposal: gnome-user-share

On Iau, 2004-12-02 at 02:31, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> We can sort out something with openoffice and KDE on freedesktop easily
> enough (already done for many things, and OO.org already uses our file
> chooser anyhow).

And motif applications, and oracle, and Eclipse, and access via samba,
and IBM workplace and mozilla and Loki games and ...

Sorry I can't take your grotesque hack very seriously, it's actually
more work than a real solution.

> ~/Desktop type of stuff that would work with the shell, so shell users
> lose. Oh well. The command names in /usr/bin are not translated either.

Those are not normally in the users face, and users btw do create
linkfarms or alias sets to fix that problem.