Re: Proposal: gnome-user-share
- From: Alan Cox <alan lxorguk ukuu org uk>
- To: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- Cc: Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org>, desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Proposal: gnome-user-share
- Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 14:22:54 +0000
On Iau, 2004-12-02 at 02:31, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> We can sort out something with openoffice and KDE on freedesktop easily
> enough (already done for many things, and OO.org already uses our file
> chooser anyhow).
And motif applications, and oracle, and Eclipse, and access via samba,
and IBM workplace and mozilla and Loki games and ...
Sorry I can't take your grotesque hack very seriously, it's actually
more work than a real solution.
> ~/Desktop type of stuff that would work with the shell, so shell users
> lose. Oh well. The command names in /usr/bin are not translated either.
Those are not normally in the users face, and users btw do create
linkfarms or alias sets to fix that problem.
] [Thread Prev