Re: Proposal: gnome-user-share

On Thu, 2004-12-02 at 01:41, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> Sit down and ask your Mum or a secretary some time if they understand the
> Windows file sharing model (in layman's terms), and then ask if they know
> which folders they've shared alrady. Bonus points if you show them how to
> share things one week, and ask them what's shared the next week.

Right... I'm inclined to agree with Brian that sharing "in-place" is more natural at the time you want to share stuff, but I think it would really need to be accompanied by some sort of vfolder view of everything you were currently sharing.  If that view could work as a drop target as well, you've got the best of both worlds-- except when you want to share something from your terminal, of course :)

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Group