Re: Proposal: gnome-user-share

<quote who="Brian Skahan">

> On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 15:59:55 -0800, Ken Harris <ken bitpoetry com> wrote:
> >
> > I think automatically sharing ~/Public/ is a great idea.  (The Mac does
> > this, too.)  It's not the end-all-be-all of file sharing systems, but
> > it's incredibly helpful for a quick "hey Bob, Alice needs to see this
> > file".
>
> How is this an improvement over me clicking on the folder where the file
> allready resides and hitting "Share", rather than copy/move/linking to
> ~/Public?

Sit down and ask your Mum or a secretary some time if they understand the
Windows file sharing model (in layman's terms), and then ask if they know
which folders they've shared alrady. Bonus points if you show them how to
share things one week, and ask them what's shared the next week.

- Jeff

--
Ubuntu in Mataró, Spain: December 5th-18th      http://www.ubuntulinux.org/

   "The beanbag is a triumph of modern day eclectic colourism..." - Catie
                                   Flick