Re: Proposal: gnome-user-share

<quote who="Alan Cox">

> The argument is that you want reconfigurable names anyway for file
> sharing, or even better something like Dobey has.

Yes, that's right (and in which case, I firmly sit on the fence).

> If that argument is accepted then the whole argument about on-disk names
> is irrelevant. Its bunk anyway for this because you don't want consistent
> on disk names for sharing.

Yes, that's right. But if you conflate the i18n and sharing files issues
with consistent on-disk file names, you don't get a useful answer for
either. :-)

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2005: Canberra, Australia                http://linux.conf.au/

     "Is your sense of identity inextricably bound to a large prime?" -
                               Michael Meeks