Re: Why gnome-system-tools aren't included yet [Was: Re: new modulesconsensus]

On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 04:07, Vincent Untz wrote:
> I'm wondering how this will work with two users sharing the same
> computer (supposing we have the fast-user switching applet, e.g.)?
> Will a user lose his connection when his session is not "active"?

The first user to log in basically owns the networking, I think is how
it works. I haven't actually read the code.

For plain ethernet dhcp it doesn't really matter since the link just
comes up, no user session is involved. For wireless the first user has
to choose the essid.

There are other possible ways to make it work, of course. But the design
should be for the common case (one user) and then we kludge in the
multiuser case, rather than vice versa.

Havoc