Re: Why gnome-system-tools aren't included yet [Was: Re: new modulesconsensus]

On Mon, 2004-08-16 at 11:51, Murray Cumming wrote:
> I think there's lots of support for the Network tool as well, but I
> haven't managed to persuade Havoc.

Well, it's not like I have veto power. All I'm saying is, we can do
substantially better with a system involving applets and dialogs that
come up automatically, so that should be the direction in the 2.10
timeframe.

Even for things like static IP address you can do stuff like "Unable to
configure the network automatically, would you like to provide network
configuration manually?" in a dialog when dhcp fails.

Havoc