Re: Why gnome-system-tools aren't included yet [Was: Re: new modulesconsensus]
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: Sean Middleditch <elanthis awesomeplay com>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Why gnome-system-tools aren't included yet [Was: Re: new modulesconsensus]
- Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 16:25:46 -0400
On Mon, 2004-08-16 at 13:54, Sean Middleditch wrote:
> We should still have an explicit configuration utility. I quite often
> have cases where there is DHCP, but I don't want to use it - I want use
> my own static IP address. Especially useful during debugging or setting
> up a new machine.
Both of which are admin (and perhaps advanced-home-user-acting-as-admin)
use cases. Back to my point about properly defining the target audience,
and ensuring we have the right UI for each one. Which probably means
multiple UIs, each with a clearly specified role/target.
] [Thread Prev