Re: new modules consensus

On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 15:28, Rodney Dawes wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 14:06 +0100, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> >      Some discussion on removing the Evolution "brand" from the
> >      interface, what its menu entry should be and the like ... The
> >      debate seemed to peter out with no agreement, but it also didn't
> >      look like an issue which would block Evolution's acceptance.
>
> The "Ximian" branding is totally removed afaik. There are other apps
> in the desktop that still include general named branding, so I don't
> think it is a major issue. Certainly not enough to prevent inclusion.

I agree with Rodney here.

Isn't Gossip included already?
It too has branding from Imendio.

I love Evolution and couldn't live without it - it gets my vote :)

> >      Evolution 1.5 doesn't use the new fileselector because it doesn't
> >      want to depend on GTK+ 2.4. There was discussion about adding a
> >      #ifdef patch and the Evolution team was happy to have that happen
> >      so long as someone was willing to do the work. However, that
> >      doesn't seem to have happened. I think it was obvious that most
> >      people found this a huge disappointment, but that most were willing
> >      to accept it so long as it is indicative of a trend for the future.
>
> There is a patch. I am not sure if it is in yet or not, but if not, it
> should be going in within the next few days.

Why not depend on GTK 2.4? (is there a mail thread about this?)

I have recently been using Evolution 1.5.9.x and have been most
impressed with it, but was disappointed when I realised they hadn't made
use of the new file selector (which I love and gets better and better
each time I use it).

Regards,
Martyn