Re: new modules consensus

On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 12:47, Martyn Russell wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 15:28, Rodney Dawes wrote:

> > There is a patch. I am not sure if it is in yet or not, but if not, it
> > should be going in within the next few days.
>
> Why not depend on GTK 2.4? (is there a mail thread about this?)

Because Novell has customers that are using older releases of their
OS/GNOME/GTK+, and they want the latest version of Evolution.  Thus,
Evolution must be able to work on older GTK+ versions.  This is side
effect of the fact that Evolution is a separate product developed apart
from GNOME, and is not something intended solely for GNOME as is, say,
Nautilus or Epiphany.
AwesomePlay Productions, Inc.