Re: Splitting up documentation/translations?

Merhaba,

On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 11:07 +0200, Danilo egan wrote:
> With GUI stuff, you'd have to go through lot of manual tasks while
> updating.  If you get a PO file (or MO file  it's easily parsed),
> you need to merge translations into existing .desktop, .schemas, ...
> files.  intltool-merge can do this (provided you mark _Name, _Comment,
> ... and similar), but you need to know which files to update.

Oh, yes. So what about using pkg-config to determine if the gnome-lang-
foo module is installed and retrieve the needed data to merge
into .desktop files at build time, just like any other dependency?

Just going farther, though.

> I'll think some more about all this, but it seems many changes to the
> build system will be required, so this will probably affect developers
> more than it would affect translators and localizers.

Yes, pretty sure. Do you think it will worth doing this anytime soon? I
was just, blowing out yet another idea from the mist in my mind.
--
Enver ALTIN                   |        http://skyblue.gen.tr/
Software developer @ Parkyeri |      http://www.parkyeri.com/