Re: windows focus

W liście z śro, 10-09-2003, godz. 13:09, Bastien Nocera pisze:
> On Wed, 2003-09-10 at 11:59, Ross Burton wrote:
> > On Wed, 2003-09-10 at 11:55, Marcin Antczak wrote:
> > > Yesterday I installed Windows XP on my system which is (I know it is
> > > very old...) PII 400 MHz,RAM 512 MB, HDD ATA100 Barracuda IV, Nvidia
> > > Gforce2...
> > >
> > > And what can I say - I was shocked how smooth it runs...
> > > I is a lot faster than my rather fresh Gnome Desktop - ewerything taken
> > > from Matt's apt repository and Rawhide (distribution is RH 9 but almost
> > > everyting is upgraded).
> >
> > Personally I'm shocked at how bad the recent nVidia drivers are on
> > "slower" systems.  I have a Athlon 2000+XP and a GeForce2 MX, and
> > recently upgraded from nvidia 2xxx (can't recall exact version) to the
> > latest release (44xx?) and was disgusted at how much slower it is.  I
> > recommend everyone who uses the nVidia drivers digs out a copy of the
> > older drivers (2xxx or 3xxx) and see if they improve performance.
>
> And I recommend people stop buying hardware that has crappy proprietary
> drivers, or at least, stop complaining about them on the GNOME mailing
> lists.

Are you sure that this is hardware problem?

I also have Gnome (2.0) and Windows XP on machine with 1.7 GHz Celeron
with 256 MB DDR and Gigabyte mainboard with integrated Intel Extreme
Graphics II and situation is simmilar...

Flickering on XFree86 and smooth display when resizing windows on
Windows XP? What's going on?

--
Marcin Antczak <marcin antczak e-dev pl>