Re: Build system (was: SVG format in ...)

W liÅ?cie z czw, 04-09-2003, godz. 20:39, Jeff Waugh pisze:
> <quote who="Marcin Antczak">
>
> > You are assuming that every possible application for gtk/gnome is
> > available in binary form for my distribution what in my opinion is not
> > true.
> >
> > I use RH 9 which is (I think) most popular linux distribution, but I still
> > have to build/compile/whatever a lot of applications.
>
> Well, to be honest, that is a problem with your distribution. My distro does
> not keep me wanting for software. :-)

What distro? :-) (Mandrake?)

> > And more - what if I want to have application with different options
> > than it is by default?
>
> Then the application is broken.

Well, you propably didn't understand me.

Little example (not from Gnome world but...) PHP in RH binaries are
compiled without XML support in PHP so I have to rebuild packages (and
add some dependent packages like sablotron etc)....

--
Marcin Antczak <marcin antczak e-dev pl>