Re: PROPOSAL: Evolution for GNOME 2.6

On Wed, 2003-11-26 at 10:40, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> > Yeah, embedding the editor (Composer) is currently "Very Difficult If
> > Not Impossible" according to
> > http://www.mozilla.org/editor/editor-embedding.html
> > Fortunately, that page was recently modified (end of October 2003) and
> > it appears that the Mozilla folks are actively looking at addressing the
> > issue. I doubt it will be done in the GNOME 2.6 timeframe, however.
>
> I agree that is not for 2.6 timeframe. (Probably trying to port yelp to
> gecko would be more feasible).

Just to make sure this is clear: even if it were, it wouldn't be
feasible for Evolution's own schedule...  GtkHTML is definitely what
we'll be using for 2.0, there is no way around that.

So all the discussions re: Gecko and Evolution should be considered to
be for the 2.8 timeframe or later.

-- Ettore