RE: PROPOSAL: Evolution for GNOME 2.6

> The Evolution team would like to formally propose Evolution
> (http://www.gnome.org/projects/evolution) for inclusion in
> the GNOME 2.6
> Desktop release.

I'd like to ensure that we don't tie evolution into the desktop too much.
With epiphany we managed not to lock out the other browsers. That gave us a
perfect answer to everybody who says "How dare you force a browser on me.".

Do we have some email-handler gconf preference, so people can choose what
program runs when they click on an email-address in other applications? Can
anybody think of any similar issues? Can anybody think how an email
notification-tray thingy might be able to work with any email application?

I don't think there is any lock-in immediately, but I'd like us to remember
to keep the playing field level for other email applications.

I love evolution and wish I had used it to write this email.

Murray Cumming
www.murrayc.com
murrayc usa net