Re: PROPOSAL: Evolution for GNOME 2.6

tis 2003-11-25 klockan 13.39 skrev iain:
> > JP Rosevear <jpr ximian com> writes:
> >
> > > The Evolution team would like to formally propose Evolution
> > > (http://www.gnome.org/projects/evolution) for inclusion in the GNOME 2.6
> > > Desktop release.
>
> I too am not against having evolution in gnome 2.6. I love it as much
> now as I did when I first started using it...
>
> But one problem that I can think of that would arise is that evolution
> uses the original gtkhtml and we already have gtkhtml2 in the desktop
> release. I don't think that we can justify two html widgets in the
> desktop release :/

Well, we already have two html widgets in the desktop release (gtkhtml2
and gecko). This would be the third :)

I think the way to go here would be to move Yelp to Gecko, drop gtkhtml2
and use gtkhtml for Evolution. In the long run, would it be possible to
move Evolution to Gecko? Then we could depricate both gtkhtml and
gtkhtml2.

I've been meaning to ask this for a while. Galeon/Epiphany developers,
would it be possible to break out your wrapping code for gecko into it's
own library, say libgnome-html or something that can be used by projects
such as Yelp, Devhelp, Evolution?

I've experimented some with Gecko in Devhelp but only used
gtkmozembedded which is way to limited for anything other than just
showing a webpage.

Cheers,
  Micke
--
Mikael Hallendal               micke imendio com
Imendio HB                     http://www.imendio.com