Re: PROPOSAL: Evolution for GNOME 2.6

On Wed, 2003-11-26 at 05:53, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 26, 2003 at 10:40:32AM -0500, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> > > It's long been on my "user-wishlist" to get rid of one or the other of
> > > GtkHTML2 or GtkHTML (or both) in favor of Gecko (well, kind of, I've
> > > always liked the GtkHTML2 code myself, but having 3 HTML libs in the
> > > platform is bordering on ridiculous).  Having mozilla in the
> > > desktop/developer platform creates a lot more duplication than just the
> > > HTML renderer, however.  Off the top of my head it means we have 2 of:
> > >
> > >       * XSLT library (libxslt) -- not sure if this is in the platform or
> > >         not
> >
> > Yeah it's in the platform. Though the public api is very small and
> > probably not very complete.
>
>    WHAT ? What is your problem there  ? What do you need you don't
> have ? Libxslt reuses libxml2 for all XML related operations (parsing,
> tree, etc ...). If you think that API is not complete enough that
> will be an interesting viewpoint !
>
>    Please stop the joke here, evolution didn't reuse libxml2 HTML tree
> support for edition way back in 2000 "because they already had running
> code and libxml2 tree model was too "bloated"". Now 3 years laters
> they are still in search of another replacement for that code. Don't
> do that mistake again.

Daniel, you misunderstood me. I was exactling saying that _mozilla_ XSLT
implementation is probably not complete ...

I certainly dont think GNOME should use mozilla implementation.

(I thought Shamhms was referring to mozilla XSLT when saying "not sure
if this is in the platform" because I doubt he'd not know that libxslt
is in the GNOME platform)

Marco