Re: No Flags "Policy"

On Sat, 2003-11-22 at 23:56, Danilo Segan wrote:
> , yet that corresponds to
> country code of "UK" (United Kingdom -- is UK the only country with
> another code [GB] also "reserved"?).

Because the neither the UK, nor GB are countries, and they're not the
same.
GB (Great Britain) is the collective term for England, Scotland and
Wales.
The United Kingdom however is a collective term for England, Scotland,
Wales and Northern Ireland.

So, in reality, neither UK or GB should be used, if we're discussing
countries.

iain
--
"Miss Celine Dion sings lovesongs while our cities burn"