RE: galeon

El mar, 27 de 05 de 2003 a las 20:28, Christian Rose escribió:
> tis 2003-05-27 klockan 19.58 skrev nestor d v:
> > Please, give me an educative document about how to explain in less than
> > four lessons the file-selector or else stop telling me that the
> > file-selector is not related with the galeon discussion, because the
> > users don't know a thing about components, main core apps, desktop
> > enviroments...
>
> Noone is saying the current file selector isn't a problem, it's just you
> trying to interpret things that way.
>
> All I'm saying is that the file selector discussion is irrelevant to the
> discussion of whether Galeon should be included in GNOME or not. Noone
> is claiming that the file selector is irrelevant to the user, but from a
> development perspective it is irrelevant to the discussion of whether or
> not to include Galeon -- when we have an API for a new file selector in
> GTK+, Galeon can most likely just as easily change to using that, as can
> any other piece of GNOME software.
>
> So from a development perspective, bringing up the file selector is
> moot, as it's clearly unrelated. And it's the development and release
> engineering perspective we're discussing here. It's called
> desktop-devel-list for a reason. User input is of course fine, but
> please keep it relevant to the discussion at hand, or start a new
> thread.

I found it relevant as I cannot, from a user point of view, separate the
fileselector from galeon.
User input is fine? so you are developing a desktop for who? So I am
making attractive applications graphics to attract who? May be big
companies has told you that the file-selector is fine as it is, and I
missed that point...
 Anyway you are right, I should have started another thread, sorry if I
made you lost your time and thanks for answering.
By the by, is a new fileselector planned to be released soon? let's say
gnome 2.4? :)
yours:
nestor diaz