RE: galeon

El lun, 26 de 05 de 2003 a las 10:59, Murray Cumming Comneon com
escribió:
> > From: nestor d v [mailto:nestordiaz misfotos de]
> > El sáb, 24 de 05 de 2003 a las 07:53, Seth Nickell escribió:
> > that's the right interpretation, sorry if I did not explain that clear
> > enough.
> > What I meant is that all teams are worried and working on HIGification
> > the gnome apps, included galeon, and, if this HIG stuff is one of the
> > contras for excluding galeon from the main gnome
> > distribution, then all
> > applications has a huge HIG bug for not using a user-friendly
> > fileselector, that should be provided by the gnome infrastructure.
> > yours:
>
> The fileselector has been properly discussed and it's on the way. Apps would
> use it if it was available now.
>
> Are you suggesting that we should not ask GNOME apps to be more GNOME-like
> just because not all GNOME apps can currently be perfect? What criteria do
> you suggest we use instead?

Dear Murray:
You've got the right criteria, indeed. I've been suffering the
file-selector problem for years and I did not say anything, I would
never push anybody in their opensource jobs?. My post was about galeon
being bitched without knowledge of the recent release 1.3.x and about
it's like of HIG. The discussion main point was: should be galeon the
default web browser for gnome-desktop? and some people said no because
of the two reasons I mentioned before. The first one is up to them (or
you) to use and try or find someone not developer to try galeon 1.3.x
and state: yes, not even doesn't have HIG quality but even is a bad user
interface. And in the second reason, I pointed that one of the biggest
hole in the HIG of galeon is the file-selector, which is not part of
galeon but gnome-desktop.
On the other hand I wouldn't like to make this discussion last too long.
I am a user and I interact with other users, mostly windows users, and I
feel that a file-selector is needed.
 I've never coded a line (because I don't know programming), I helped
gtk/gnome project with icons. logos and ui design: Diasce, xpad,
tuxcall, gproftpd, screem, lintalk, glabels, and some more.
Finally, I suggest (now) to first cover that hole and after that analyze
the compliment of the HIG by applications.
All my ideas are personal and suggestions, not commands, in a free
speech list, if anybody felt disappointed for them blame my bad english
:) apologises anyway.
yours:
Nestor Diaz