Re: new smb method

On Mon, 2003-05-26 at 16:55, Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
> Hello Bastien,
>
> I've tried this packages and things do not really improve that much.
> I shouldn't have to have a local smb server configured on my machine
> right? I ask this because the text below seems to indicate such a thing
> which would be weird... but I don't know much about windows shares
> anyway.

I said SMB configuration, not Samba configuration. Most of the time you
will want at least nmbd running on your machine anyway, to be able to
use its NetBios caching features (faster enumeration of the servers).
(NetBios is a crappy protocol...)

That page explains the election/Master Browser process:
http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/q102/8/78.asp

If a machine in the network is playing up, you will get this sort of
error messages.