Re: new smb method

On Mon, 2003-05-26 at 15:09, Mike Hearn wrote:
> Seems to work OK here, with a few caveats:
>
> smb:/// (ie network servers) says "Could not display all of smb://" or
> something like that. Previously it said something about being unable to
> contact the SMB Master Browser.

That means that your SMB configuration is a bit horked somewhere. I have
the same problems on my home network, work's network works fine though.
I wouldn't be able to say what's causing it.

Browsing to something like smb://servername/ should work though.

> When browsing into shares etc I am repeatedly asked for my
> username/password over and over. This has always been a problem with me
> and Samba though, not sure if it's this code to blame.

The new method doesn't do any caching. This should be fixed at some
point with the gnome-vfs daemon. Will have to wait a bit more still.

Cheers

PS: I updated the packages on
http://people.redhat.com/bnocera/gnome-vfs-extras-smbclient/
There were a couple of last minute bugs fixed

--
/Bastien Nocera
http://hadess.net

#2  0x4205a2cc in printf ("Oh my %s\n", preferred_deity) from
/lib/i686/libc.so.6 printf ("Oh my %s\n", preferred_deity);
Segmentation fault