Re: Major change in desktop handling

Le ven 16/05/2003 �6:54, Sean Middleditch a �it :
> On Fri, 2003-05-16 at 10:51, Julien Olivier wrote:
>
> > If you intend to manage your HTML files using a file manager, what's the
> > problem with having "public_html" on your desktop. Maybe it should
> > simply be renamed "Website". Now, if you don't want to have it on your
> > desktop but you still want it to be accessible through nautilus, why not
> > have a "Documents" folder on the desktop by default and have Apache put
> > "Website" or "public_html" in it ?
>
> Cause I need root access on the file server my NFS mounted home dir is
> on in order to make those changes?

Well, my proposition was to ask apache maintainers to change the
location of their "public_html" folder, not _you_ to change it. But,
maybe, a better alternative would be to ask apache developers to make it
possible to change your "public_html" folder's location in a non-root
way.