Re: Major change in desktop handling

> All apps that do this, I meant.  For example, several IRC clients I've
> used require a ~/ddc folder for file transfers.  (probably a bug, but
> good luck getting it fixed.)  Several commercial apps, for example
> RealPlayer, make folders that store music/video samples and downloads.

Maybe a good way to solve this is to create a ~/Documents by default.
X-Chat could then use ~/Documents/DCC to store DCC files and RealPlayer
could store music in ~/Documents/RealMedia or something like that. I'm
pretty sure that's how most apps do it on Windows, putting all their
stuff in "My Documents".