Re: Major change in desktop handling

On Thu, 2003-05-15 at 16:48, MArk Finlay wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-05-15 at 21:31, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > So Alex - yesterday you complain about list traffic, today you
> > triple-crosspost a thread about ~/Desktop vs. ~/.gnome-desktop
> > vs. "desktop is your homedir" ;-)
> >
> > <aol/> vote for ~/Desktop !
>
> Co[$HOME as desktop]ugh

Actually, as a until-very-recently proponent of $HOME as desktop, I
think ~/Desktop is probably better; the reasoning being so many stupid
_argh!_ programs make folders in $HOME

Unless Nautilus gets a way to hide items (like the menues) but then also
a good way to unhide items (unlike the menues), $HOME is probably always
going to be a bad choice so long as there are companies/vendors that
think a shell script is a good way to install software.  (/me is bitter)