Re: Major change in desktop handling

fre 2003-05-16 klockan 16.25 skrev Sean Middleditch:
> > I'm getting confused... are you still talking about the example with the
> > evolution directory? I'm starting to think that I have missunder stood
> > something, since I can't see any reason to access that directory (other
> > then by using evolution)
>
> All apps that do this, I meant.  For example, several IRC clients I've
> used require a ~/ddc folder for file transfers.  (probably a bug, but
> good luck getting it fixed.)  Several commercial apps, for example
> RealPlayer, make folders that store music/video samples and downloads.

Ok, you are talking about the general case. This is realy bugs in the
applications, I don't think applications should put non-hidden files in
$HOME. But we can't just ignore the fact that the problem exist, and
pretend that using $HOME as the desktop is perfect in it's current
state. But I think that some of this problems can be solved or worked
around.

//Snaggen, likes $HOME as desktop but think it would require some work.