Re: GEP 10, again [was RE: [GnomeMeeting-list] 2.4 Proposed Modules - GnomeMeeting]

On Tue, 2003-05-13 at 22:29, Damien Sandras wrote:
> I've already thought about this and I'm open to all propositions and to
> discussion about that topic. Currently, I think the best integration
> level can be achieved with URLs (Microsoft Callto URLs, H.323 URLs, and
> later SIP URLs).

Please say these URI schemes are standards-body approved. We have URI
cruft in gnome-vfs, as pointed out regularly, which is bad enough. We
can't encourage people to embed non-standard URIs in their
webpages/evolution etc.

Of course, if they are standards-body approved, it's a moot point :-)

--
Andrew Sobala <aes gnome org>

"A freudian slip is when you say one thing but you mean your mother." -- unknown