Re: desktop interface preference: tabbed_mdi_edge_position

On Wed, 2003-02-19 at 13:10, Calum Benson wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-02-18 at 21:22, Yanko Kaneti wrote:
>
> >  - the notebook pages in a tabbed mdi app are essentially task switchers
> >  - sometimes with their properties and behavior they are also used as
> > notifiers
> >
> > as such they belong in the task switching/notification area, which by
> > all modern standards is BOTTOM by default.
>
> Equally, you could argue that tabs perform the same task switching and
> notification purpose as a top level window's titlebar, which by all
> modern standards is TOP by default  :)

Well, I could, and I can probably move my tasklist and notification on
TOP so that everything is nicely in one place but...
 - it doesn't work well for bottom feeders like gnome-terminal and
xchat.
 - I usualy end up doing what I am doing with a tab at its bottom rather
than its top.

So that would be two reasons for me to want all my switchers/notifiers
at bottom.
(I've just realized how extremely rarely I read the window titles. All
the important info is in the tasklist already)

Regards
Yanko