Re: Toolbar keyboard navigation

> Hi Soeren,
>
> On Tue, 2003-02-18 at 14:29, Soeren Sandmann wrote:
> >         - F10 cycles focus between all menubars and toolbars in a
> >           window
>
> 	Nice - my only concern is that this focus cycling chain and all the
> internals needed to support adding new items be public - so that
> whomever comes up with the next crazy thing that needs to be in that
> chain has an easy life [custom docks, etc.]

Thanks Soeren:

As Calum said, my preference is for the toolbar to be in the main focus
chain.  I think that using arrow keys to navigate within the toobar
(rather than putting every toolbar item in the focus chain) makes the
most sense, and maps well onto other 'compound' widgets in terms of
keynav.

If we go this route, apps with toolbars will have one more item in the
tab-focus chain, and F10 would just cycle between menus (if there's more
than one menu, for instance the foobar).

regards,

Bill

--
Bill Haneman <bill haneman sun com>