Re: Login-out proposed features

I would have to agree that these visual dress-ups do add a lot for the user experiance.. If you forinstance look at XP's login procedure you will find that a lot of the loading is done in the background while you are being entertained with changing graphics. As long as 'something is happening' and it draws your attention, a few seconds is hardly noticable; However being confronted with just a few second wait without drawing your attention, it seems like a awefully long time. I gues water really does not cook while your watching it ;-)

A simple fullscreen graphic with a small animation and a non technical statement like 'starting up' or 'logging in user', would go a long way to hide load times where aplicable.