Re: gnome-terminal awfully slow

On Thu, 2003-02-13 at 21:00, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>
> On Thu, 2003-02-13 at 23:55, Bill Haneman wrote:
>
> > I think that if we are going to say anything publicly about GNOME
> > accessibility (and we have already), we must avoid replacing code that's
> > broken in one way with code that's broken or regressed
> > accessibility-wise.  Regression is not generally tolerated in other
> > areas, it should not be tolerated in accessibility either.
>
> 	Totally disagree with you there. If you make a big code switch like
> this, then there's always likely to be regressions. You weigh up those
> regressions against the benefits when deciding when to do the switch and
> you make a commitment to fix those regressions.
>
> 	In this case it sounds like there were two regressions which we
> accepted (performance and a11y) in favour of the benefits of the new
> widget. It also looks like the regressions haven't been forgotten, Nalin
> is working hard to fix them from what I see on cvs-commits-list ...
>
> 	Out of curiousity ... when did you last review vte's a11y support?
> Given that Nalin is working on it, do you actually know that its
> currently broken or ... ?

I strongly suspect that it's still broken.  Unfortunately there is only
one person AFAIK qualified to say whether it's really broken or not, or
how severely, and that's Marc.

Nalin, expect to hear from Marc RSN, he knows this is a very hot issue
at the moment.

Followups to marc.mulcahy.at.sun.com please.

-Bill

--
Bill Haneman <bill haneman sun com>