Re: Fw: ui review

Hi!

..I hope that's my last mail for today *yawn* *tired*

On Tue, 4 Feb 2003 00:02:27 +0100 (CET)
Chipzz wrote:

> WRT the toolbars, it gets MUCH worse than what you describe.
> I want grip handles on my toolbars and NO text. So I use the control-
> center to configure gnome this way.
> Then I use a gtk+ apps like pan and balsa. *SIGH*. Best case scenario, I
> can configure weither or not I want a grip/text. In most cases, I can't.
> Libbonobui suffers from the same crack. Why the hell is there a
> bonobo-ui-config-widget? I just told gnome I do NOT want text in my
> toolbars. In anjuta I can turn off the text, but it never gets saved.
> In evolution, I can't even do that. bonobo-ui-config-widget should just
> die, it makes absolutely no sense at all. Why on earth would I want to
> configure it in 5 different places, or worse, not be able to configure
> it at all and get some settings I do not want stuffed down my throat?
>
> Sorry for the rant, but I think this is a very big consistency problem.

we certainly have that big issue in Gnome now. 3 or whatever different widgets
for creating a toolbar. Hopefully I'll have enough time to fix it, and I hope
that there'll be other people who can help me.
Should go to bed now...

Christian