Re: KDE and Gnome

W liście z śro, 27-08-2003, godz. 23:05, Hongli Lai pisze:
> On Wednesday 27 August 2003 22:28, Marcin Antczak wrote:
> > But to my surprise file selector is still under development, nautilus
> > still lacks a lot of functionality etc... etc... old crap.
>
> Speaking about the file selector, take a look at this:
> http://gnomesupport.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3635
>
> (But *don't look at page 5* of that thread! Some jerk from Slashdot posted an
> image to goatse.cx. I already contacted a moderator about this.)

I have gtk compiled with this patch... Well better than standard but
still needs a lot of improvements...

For example I cannot sort folders in panel on left and they are unsorted
by default what is annoying when I have to search on a long list.

bugs bugs bugs ;-) sorry

That's why I'm asking in my reply for Telsa Gwynne mail are there any
_plans_ for gnome/gtk applications?

Maybe developers/planners/users should first to draw some "fake" file
selectors, then define it's behaviors (maybe some kind of uml model).
Then decide what code to write and use? (Maybe reuse code from Nautilus
maybe not.. ) just think before not after. What do you think?

I know that in Open Source community there is no management, but without
clear vision we will have just a mess and not good free/open software...

--
Marcin Antczak <marcin antczak e-dev pl>
e-dev studio - http://www.e-dev.pl