Re: 2.4 Proposed Modules - 2 weeks left

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 01:40:14PM -0400, David Adam Bordoley wrote:
> This is totally a  Jack Straws Effect
> (http://mpt.phrasewise.com/2003/03/25#a486)

Nice article. ;-)

The flip side is, you only want to break things in order to move
forward if you're pretty sure the forward motion in question is worth
it, and that the overall architecture allows what needs fixing to be
fixed.

But the reality is that we'd have a much, much worse UI and codebase
today if we never accepted temporary regressions. You have to keep the
big picture on track and let the details catch up.

In the browser case, I think it's clear we *have* to do some breakage,
since our current browser frontend is being phased out. So the only
question is what big picture do we want; it's a given that there will
be a number of details to mop up, both a11y and assorted other stuff.

Havoc