Re: GEP-11: Application list for 2.4
- From: Jonathan Blandford <jrb redhat com>
- To: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
- Cc: Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org>, desktop-devel-list gnome org, gnome-accessibility-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: GEP-11: Application list for 2.4
- Date: 29 Apr 2003 14:23:41 -0400
Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> writes:
> You can probably ask for name/email address. You might be able
> to get away with a screen where you give the user one or
> two options for enabling AT.
> And that's about it.
Another problem these pose is that they have to be completely optional,
or _only_ affect the desktop. If the user logs into the KDE Desktop
first and then runs a GNOME app, it has to just work (TM). This means
that the doorman, if it exists, should just be a shortcut for setting
some preferences that have reasonable defaults, and have the ability
change them later.
] [Thread Prev