Re: GEP-11: Application list for 2.4

<quote who="Bill Haneman">

> On Tue, 2003-04-29 at 16:20, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > Have you done any hacking on this yet? It would be cool to reappropriate
> > gnome-doorman as a general first-time-startup wizard for GNOME, and
> > include accessibility configuration bits in it.
>
> Not yet... What's the status of (and general feeling towards)
> gnome-doorman at the moment?

I don't believe it has been ported to GTK+/GNOME 2.x. Ximian has been using
it (or, ximian-doorman, with their graphics and changes) for their 1.4
releases.

> It might make this a manageable task for 2.4 and make both a case for
> inclusion of gnome-doorman and a vehicle for improvements later on...

It would definitely raise everyone's boats if it were done for 2.4. A good
first-time wizard would help greatly for i18n, a11y, and general usability.

- Jeff

--
GU4DEC: June 16th-18th in Dublin, Ireland             http://www.guadec.org/

                    "Whatcha wanna be when you grow up?"