RE: GEP-11: Application list for 2.4

On Tue, 2003-04-29 at 15:49, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:

> I'm writing a list of proposed modules so it would be nice to know which of
> these look like new modules to you, rather than enhancements to existing
> stuff.

The gtk-engines would be an enhancement to gnome-themes.

The accessx applet fits into one of the existing applet-containing
modules.

Calum and I drew up a general UI spec for an accessibility dialog a
couple of days ago that controlled the 'accessibility' (meaning,
"Assistive Technology support") gconf key and also the visual-bell
settings.  It was fairly small.  I think this should be co-located with
the keyboard accessibility capplet in terms of which module it lives in,
that's control-center I believe.

> > Unfortunately no code actually exists for any of them yet, but we're
> > working on it :)
>
> For completely new modules, I'd be worried about adding something that
> didn't exist. Is this all really realistic for GNOME 2.4?

Maybe only the 'wizard' would belong in a new module.

- Bill