Re: cvs build

Hi guys,

On Mon, 2003-04-07 at 19:55, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Yeah, I moved libbonobo to automake 1.7 to get to this point.

	Feel free to commit any automake-1.7-isms to libbonobo[ui], however I
got shafted by some incomprehensible moan about plugin-common.$(OBJNAME)
being foo'd twice somehow; I don't quite see why jrb's simply removing
that from the Makefile.am should be correct but perhaps I didn't dig
enough.

	Needless to say; it's pretty appalling that moving from one autotools
to a very subtly different one should cause such gross breakage.

> The automake-related stuff I can understand being due to some 9
> automake change, but I have no clue as yet why orbit-idl would
> generate an empty header only on RHL 9.

	It could be down to pre-processor problems; we fork gpp to pre-process
the IDL files; can you tell me precisely what versions of what autotools
you have so I can pour yet more time down the ever expanding autotools
hole ?. People keep hysterically screaming that OO.o should be
auto-toolized - presumably to fuel their group masochists bonding
fetish.

> Other people are able to build HEAD right now on non-RHL-9?

	Yes; works fine for me.

	Regards,

		Michael.