Re: cvs build

Michael Meeks <michael ximian com> writes:

> Hi guys,
>
> On Mon, 2003-04-07 at 19:55, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > Yeah, I moved libbonobo to automake 1.7 to get to this point.
>
> 	Feel free to commit any automake-1.7-isms to libbonobo[ui], however I
> got shafted by some incomprehensible moan about plugin-common.$(OBJNAME)
> being foo'd twice somehow; I don't quite see why jrb's simply removing
> that from the Makefile.am should be correct but perhaps I didn't dig
> enough.

Automake-1.7 was complaining about the same object file being used both
in an .so lib and compiled directly into a test program.  I the
rationale for this error is that the libtool step and the regular
compile will both create rules for a .o files, possibly in a different
manner.

> 	Needless to say; it's pretty appalling that moving from one autotools
> to a very subtly different one should cause such gross breakage.

Totally agreed.  It's the tool we have to work with, though.

Thanks,
-Jonathan