Re: Improving the metacity minimise animation

Hi Havoc,

On 18 Oct 2002, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> I *love* discussion on how to _improve_ the animation, that's sort of
> the whole reason I don't want to just add a preference.

Someone mentioned the possibility of making the animation dependent on the
theme used. I think this is a good idea, but I also call for the
possibility to be able to specify how/which animation to draw. Back in '95
there was a nice little program called NPSWPS which added many kinds of
nice window animations to Warp 3 (described on
http://www.os2ss.com/select/utilities/wps/npswps.html ). It was also
possible to program your own animations for NPSWPS. It would be very nice
to have this feature back in GNOME.

bye,

--

Reinout van Schouwen			Artificial Intelligence student
email: reinout cs vu nl			mobile phone: +31-6-44360778